September 19, 2011

Highway Obstacles

There are times when you are in hurry for appointments. Even though you are sure to arrive on time there are occasions when your timing could be jeopardised due to obstacles by ego drivers as shown below...

I didn't mean to race with them. Otherwise I would have cucuk them as close as possible and kept changing lanes. I hate to drive like that but sometimes I had to. Watch also this video [I regretted for driving that way actually - i.e. overtaking frm LHS and kept changing lanes but what to do, sometimes your patience got limit also kan] .

In the following videos I kept a safe distance from the speeding cars in front of me and stuck to my lane even though I had chance to overtake frm LHS. These are my typical way of driving my.Peugeot.308 on hi-ways fast lanes.

Part 1: ' Chasing' and chased back by an Audi TT
It was around 4:50pm at BBBangi interchange. As I entered PLUS (northbound) there was a glimpse of a speeding Audi TT down the highway. So I thought the traffic ahead was clear and I could arrive on time.

I got only less than 15 minutes to arrive somewhere in Jalan Klang Lama. So I had to drive 'faster than normal'... at first I did not think I could match up with the speed of the Audi.

Finally the Audi driver slowed down and gave way or probably he was afraid of the speed trap or he just wanted to know what car was speeding behind him. Nevertheless, not long after that [from frame 2:02] the Audi driver chased me back but I think he was not brave enough to match up with my speed at that time and the traffic was also getting congested as well. Both of us had to slow down for a while.

[note: there are 'dropped frames' for a few seconds at 1:57 ]

Berely a minute later the traffic was clear again but I was...

Part 2: Obstructed by a Volvo S80
Volvos with T5 and T6 engines are phenomena, I'd never tried my luck to cucuk them. Not because of the cars raw power but I know what kind of men behind their steering wheels. Otherwise they would have bought the car for the wrong purpose. Volvo S60 T5 is my non-German dream family_car actually. Nevertheless Volvo S80 2.0T is not my piece of cake even though its performance is respectable and on par if not better than Peugeot 308 GT.

The Volvo S80 2.0T in front of me in the following video I boleh balun w/o much difficulty if I wished -the car was driven by an ego driver. He didn't give me way even though it looked like that was the quickest acceleration and fastest speed he could brave enough along that stretch of the hiway [from frame 1:17].

Finally I arrived at the destination just on time within less than 15minutes [from BBBangi interchange].

No comments:

Last 7-day Most Viewed Pages

All-time Most Popular Posts