April 28, 2009

What's Next?

I will try to improve the fuel consumption for myPeugeot 308 to less than 6.0liter/100km [i.e more than 48mpg], and sustain it for at least 100km on PLUS or equivalent highways. Afterwards I'll concentrate on 'improvements' for maximum sustainable speed and 0~100kph timing. I don't need any ironing board rear spoiler and large tail pipe for the purpose though... myPeugeot 308 will remain original at least within the "warranty period". hee! heee!!

BTW, today myPeugeot 308 is celebrating its 2nd month with me and just clocked 4000km.
P1030402thp
Was throughly inspected and cleaned inside-out...
P1030444ucf... including undercarriage to make it sparkling new again.
P1030442uc

Peugeot 308 Sightings
Despite 100's of unit already sold, strange enough till today I haven't see any other 308THP [or 308VTi] on the road eventhough I've travelled to more than six states in Malaya since January 29th, 2009 when the car was launched and sold - only "close-encounter of the third kind" with 206's, 307's, 405's, 406's and 407's along the 3000+km journey. Probably most Peugeot 308's are driven in large city centers where I don't normally drive.


frequently visited pages:
|Home|Fuel Consumption|Performance|uncle's DIY|Car Size Comparison|

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Please post some pics here for us to drool. lol

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

Thanks for ur suggestion, Colin

Anonymous said...

hi uncle.D

i'd been following your post for quite some time and read through all myPeugeot 308 blog of yours. i found it very informative and i really enjoy reading it as this car had really took my attention before it was launch.

i'm happy to hear that you'd been enjoying the ride of 308 for 2 months and came up with so much detail information.

may i know that how much did 308 cost you for the service?

regards

Zanes

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

Zanes,
So far everything is still free including defective parts replacement if any. Got to wait until the 10,000th km service to find out how much. I was told it would be around RM200+ for the fully synthetic oil and filter replacement.

For your information 308 uses timing chain which lasts much longger than timing belt - probably up to 3 times more kilometers than timing belt before need to be replaced. I have another car using timing chain and I don't remember the last time I replaced it...

BTW I've been using 206 for almost 2.5 yrs now. Maintenance is very low as I need to send for service just once a year [or 20,000km which ever comes first]. In 2.5 yrs [40,000+ km] the total cost for mantaining a 206 is below RM1000 [including battery replacement]. Next service is in Dec 2009. At that time I must replace tyres, ATF, etc just like other cars need. Probably I will spend around RM1500, and that is normal - some other Japanese equivalent cars need more money at the end of the 3rd year.

cheers

CY said...

Hi,
I too have been avidly following your blog since you first bought the 308. I too hope to be getting mine soon as I booked way back in Feb 2009. It's really fun reading all that you've written. Keep up the good work ! Hope to meet you at one of the TT's soon.

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

Thanks Dr. Wong and u r most welcome.

Alan Wong said...

What additional equipment are you using to calculate the 0-100km/h time? Where can I buy it and how much does it cost? TQ in advance.

Unknown said...

GPS + Logger i guess ....
A nokia phone can do the trick also. Very avid Pug follower .. UncleD ..
How you manage to clean the undercarriage? Was thinking of doing that also ..

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

Alan,

I used "eTrex Vista HCx" [GPS track-datalogger]. At the time I bought it was RM1399.00.

Pls visit the following URL to find out about it.

http://www.23hq.com/uncledee206/photo/2876237

rgds

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

Verm,

I have a set of metal-frame ram on which the car can 'climb' up. So I can crawl underneath and clean the undercarriage at ease.

Bought it long time ago [student time] at a car-boot sales for five quids only.

Anonymous said...

hi uncleD,

thanks for the info. seems that you get along quite well with ya 206 too. glad to hear that. the maintenance is not that expensive as i heard too. may i know whether your 206 is bestari or...?

i managed to see a 308 some time ago actually while i'm looking for parking somewhere in batu pahat. so far i only manage to see 1 on road and that really make me.. wow! haha. others that i saw were 307.

please keep more info rolling in uncleD. i would really hope to hear more from you. as i'm planning to get one 308THP in my car porch soon.

thanks and cheers!

Zanes

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

U r Welkom Zanes.
Hope 2 c u with ur lion v soon.
BTW my 206 is 'Beast'-ari...

cheers

Unknown said...

Wah .. got ram somemore ... U r a true autolover.
Wish i had one also ...cos the last round i change a fog light ended up with cuts and bruises.

Wifey will think i'm crazy if i try to buy one.

Last 7-day Most Viewed Pages

All-time Most Popular Posts