March 12, 2014

Downgrading to VAG Diverter Valve internal parts...

Over time plastic parts inside diverter valve become brittle and can easily  break apart or disintegrate. I fixed those broken parts temporarily using super-glue and reinforced them with araldite epoxy resin (see HERE) while waiting for a new VAG diverter valve ordered frm eBay (@RM180+).

Today, when I opened up the diverter valve for inspection and I accidentally dropped it the whole plastic internal parts disintegrated!

Luckily I already got VAG diverter valve ready in stock.
Now, I simply transfer internal components from VAG diverter valve assembly into the stock diverter valve as shown below to complete the "downgrading"*.

(Note: many ppl fail to do this just b'cos they did not remove plastic ring adjacent to the yellow O-ring).

* I use the word "downgrading" because VAG internal parts are inferior (and cheaper) in comparison with the original components designed by Pierburg for EP6DT engines (Peugeots, Citroens and Coopers).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm driving 308thp 6 speed. I had an indication of "engine fault repair needed" today. I sent my car to a workshop and found out the same problem like yours. It costs me RM630 to replace it! Now I know the alternate solution...

Last 7-day Most Viewed Pages

All-time Most Popular Posts