January 24, 2013

Almost 4 years on-the-road (otr)

The 3-year warranty period for my 308 almost over early last year when it was sent for 50,000th km service - around which time super-knocking and intermittent lost of power started to develop as well - subsequently a high-pressure fuel pump, timing chain, etc. etc.  were replaced (FOC). I was 'lucky' in a way. 

At the end of year 2012 the car had just clocked almost 60,000km and due for the scheduled maintenance.  Actually I don't drive this c-segment car quite often lately. I only do it on "specific purposes" -  most of the time I drive either a smaller 1.4liter b-segment peugeot or a larger 2.4liter d-segment non-peugeot car.

In February 2013 my308 will be 4 years otr, sometimes off-road as well...

So far so good. No more the infamous "super-knocking" and "intermittent lost of power" since they were rectified at the end of the warranty period. No reason to let it go. I wish to keep it alongside  my other Peugeots... 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

May I know why do you keep old peugeots?

Unknown said...

Congrats uncle....once a pug always a pug..

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

My simple answer is bcoz of their resale value. Selling those 405 and 206 together won't buy me even a basic Proton Saga FL 1.3 MT or Produa Viva 1.0 BZ ! and I don't need those Proton and Produa either....

btw, there is no space restriction for me to keep them. I don't live in a flat, heheee





Anonymous said...

Congrats uncle D, I hope my 1.5 yo 6-speeder remains trouble free...

cheers
zentra

Wan A. Hadi (one.D) said...

Zulhilmy, Zentra
I hope your cars will be trouble free...

Last 7-day Most Viewed Pages

All-time Most Popular Posts